Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care what they are and how they differ

By on Mar 28, 2016

Powers of Attorney for Property are used to give someone else authority to deal with your property and your obligations with respect to Property

Powers of Attorney for Personal Care are used to give someone authority to deal with matters related to your health and personal care and can also be used to express your wishes in that regard

The Substitute Decisions Act, 1992, S.O. 1992, c. 30 and the Health Care Consent Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 2, Sch. A are both important pieces of legislation in Ontario in terms of the law with respect to decision making for a person who is not legally able to make decisions for themselves and for setting out the formalities of what to do to have someone else put in place to make decisions on your behalf.