Having grown up in North Bay, Ontario, Kathleen Robichaud moved to Osgoode, south of Ottawa, and then to Orleans in the East end of Ottawa where she lived before she graduated from the University of Ottawa in 1994 with a business degree. She went on to receive a law degree from Queen’s University in 1997 then articled at Perley-Robertson Hill & McDougall in Ottawa. In 1999 she was called to the Ontario Bar. Shortly after articling, Kathleen moved to Toronto and practised there until returning to the Ottawa area, settling in Manotick in July of 2010. She has worked primarily as a sole practitioner throughout her years of practice.
Kathleen actively pursues various professional interests within the legal community. She is pleased to be a lawyer member of the Law Society of Upper Canada. Additionally Kathleen:
- is the Co-Chair of the Organizing Committee for the East Region Solicitors Conference for the County of Carleton Law Association (2014 to present)
- is the Vice-Chair for the Small, Solo and General Practice Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- is the past-Chair of the Sole, Small Firm and General Practice Section as well as past-Chair of the Pro-bono Subcommittee, a member of Council, and a member-at-large of the Business Law Section with the Ontario Bar Association
- was a member of the French Language Services Advisory Committee for Legal Aid Ontario (2009-2013);
- is a member of the Discipline Committee of the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- worked as supervisory counsel in the Workers Rights Division at the Parkdale Community Legal Services Clinic, providing instruction and direction to law students working in the program;
- sat on the Board for Homeward, a Community Mental Health Organization in 2002 and 2003; and
- worked with the Ontario Public Interest Research Group during the early part of her undergraduate studies.
Kathleen is a regular speaker at Continuing Professional Development Programs for Lawyers and also regularly organizes, chairs and moderates the programs. She does education programs for various organizations and associations. She has taught courses in civil litigation and wills and estates at Centennial College in Toronto, Ontario.
Kathleen is involved in local organizations that support small businesses in her community. She is a member of the Manotick chapter of the Business Breakfast Club and served as president in 2013. Her practice is currently based in Manotick and includes practice areas in Corporate Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law and Wills and Estates.
Kathleen can be reached at (613) 692-1020 or by e-mail at email@example.com.